The UFC on Thursday announced verbal agreements are in place for a lightweight bout between Daron Cruickshank and Henry Martinez, and made official the previously rumored bout between John Lineker and Yasuhiro Urushitani.
Cruickshank (11-2) is currently in the midst of a five-fight winning streak, including a unanimous decision victory over Chris Tickle at the recent Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale.
Martinez (9-2) had a four-fight streak come to a halt, losing a split decision in his UFC debut, but rebounded with a split decision victory over Bernardo Magalhaes at UFC on FX 3 last month in Florida.
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones puts his belt on the line against Dan Henderson in the UFC 151 main event on Sept. 1 in Las Vegas.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet