‘Countdown to UFC 146′ debuts this week on FUEL TV
The UFC’s traditional pre-event show returns Wednesday with the debut of “Countdown to UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir” on FUEL TV.
The half-hour special debuts on Wednesday morning at midnight ET. Same-day replays air in more viewer-friendly slots of 5 p.m. ET and 10 p.m. ET, also on FUEL TV.
UFC 146 takes place Saturday, May 26 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. A heavyweight title fight between current champ Junior Dos Santos and former titleholder Frank Mir headlines the pay-per-view main card, which follows prelims on FX and Facebook.
Additional replays of “Countdown to UFC 146″ air Thursday (8 p.m. ET) and Friday (1:30 a.m. ET) on FUEL TV.
Unlike the FX-aired “UFC Primetime” series, which focuses solely on the evening’s main-event participants, “Countdown to UFC 146″ also takes an in-depth look at the training camps and backgrounds of some of the evening’s other main-card fighters.
Featuring a historic all-heavyweight main card, UFC 146′s lineup has undergone a major overhaul since it was first announced but still hosts an enticing five-bout pay-per-view lineup. In addition to the main event, UFC 146 also boasts Antonio Silva vs. Cain Velasquez, Dave Herman vs. Roy Nelson, Shane Del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic and Lavar Johnson vs. Stefan Struve.
The full UFC 146 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
- Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir (for heavyweight title)
- Antonio Silva vs. Cain Velasquez
- Dave Herman vs. Roy Nelson
- Shane Del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic
- Lavar Johnson vs. Stefan Struve
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
- Edson Barboza vs. Jamie Varner
- C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason “Mayhem” Miller
- Dan Hardy vs. Duane “Bang” Ludwig
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
- Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda
(Pictured: Cain Velasquez)