Is Move to Heavyweight Good Idea for Jon Jones?
When a fighter dominates a weight class like Georges St-Pierre has done at welterweight, Anderson Silva at middleweight, and now Jon Jones is doing at light heavyweight, the question always seems to come up: when will they move weight classes?
What happened to the days of just being great at one weight class?
Well, UFC president Dana White agrees with that ideology, especially when talking about their UFC light heavyweight champion pursuing a title at heavyweight.
Looking at the monsters that walk around in the heavyweight division, White knows that Jones would already be at a disadvantage, and he’s hoping that if it ever does happen that he’s more than prepared for a big move like that.
Check out what White had to say about Jones potential move to heavyweight and if it’s a smart move or not:
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet